Khaptad trek is not a very new trek yet it is an off the beaten trek in Nepal. The location, the rurality and the expenses as a result is reason why many travellers skip this beautiful location and rather follow the routine treks. This trek receives its name from one of the national parks namely Khaptad national park which was named after one sages named Khaptad baba. The national park was established in 1984 and it comprises 4 most rural districts of Bajhang, Bajura, Achham and doti.
Khaptad trek offers a beautiful variety of landscape. The trek does not surpass the 4000 meter mark but yet offers views of mountains located in the west. The mountain elevation may not be the highest but you would notice that the horizontal stretch is quite impressive. The rolling hills, the moorlands, steep slopes and the streams is sure to bring your excitement to the top. The thing that you may love the most about this trek is that it is not completely inhabited. Furthermore, the option of tea houses is not available or very less which makes this trek a camping trek and we will have to make our food by ourselves. It will come to your surprise that you will meet very few people throughout the trek or you will meet none. The chances of meeting a trekker along the way is close to none.
Since the majority of the trek is done in a national park you will be walking through a dense forest. The national park registers 23 mammal count, 287 bird species, 23 amphibian and reptile species. The mammal species include leopard, himalayan black bear, wild dog and musk deer.
The trek is not one of the most difficult treks in Nepal but on the other hand it is not easy as well. Although Khaptad trek does not shoot to altitude that will cause high altitude problems but the trail is a roller coaster ride. We encounter one hill after another which requires some experience and stamina. Nevertheless, if you choose this trek you will gain far more experience and see the true colors of Nepal. Book this trek today at an unbeatable price!
|Trip Code: BT-102||Total Duration: 09 days|
|Destination: Khaptad Trek||Best Time: March - May & Sept - Dec|
|Trip Grade: Moderate||Group Size: Min. 2 Pax|
- All government and local taxes
- TIMS Card Permits
- 2 nights accommodation in Dormitory Nepal
- A comprehensive medical kit (with the guide)
- Best available transport to trek put in destination and back
- Trekking Guide (guide pays for his own expenses)
- A National Park Guide
- All accommodation in the Trek
- All accommodation in National park
- 3 time meal while on trek and in National Park
- Sleeping bags and down jackets (to be returned after the trek)
- 2 way flight to Nepalgunj
- Private vehicle to and from Nepalgunj to Bardiya
- All Ground Transportation (best available local transport)
- Personalized video montage of your trek published on Youtube (if no technical issues)
- Certificate of trek Completion
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Food / drinks / Accommodation
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, mineral water etc)
- Additional food
- Tips for guide
- Down Jacket, Sleeping bag or any trekking gear or equipment
- Anything else that is not mentioned on what is included