Acquiring tourist visa is not very difficult for tourists. For many first world countries and neighboring countries the visa is on arrival. The visa process is manual and you will have to fill up a form after arrival in the airport terminal. To avoid all the hassles of queuing up and filling up the visa form after a long tedious flight, you can follow http://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/ and select the visa type on the top of the page, fill the visa application form and print the printed application and bring along with your passport. You will as well need:
1. Passport photocopies (xerox ) ( bring 2-3 of them just in case)
2. Passport size pictures
Filling out the online form :
- You need to know the name of the street that your hotel, hostel, guesthouse or homestay is located. You can usually find this information on the contact page of the property.
- You as well need to know the ward number of your location. There are 46 wards in Kathmandu alone and the ward no of Thamel is 29. If you do not know of the ward number, you can simply google ward number of the place your hotel is located in.
What do you need to present in Tribhuvan international Airport
- You will need to present the printed application you submitted online
- You need to give your passport size pictures to the immigration officer
- You will need to give your original passport along with the xerox copies
- You will need pay your visa fee in United States Dollars
How long can you stay in Nepal and visa on arrival?
- You can get 15 days, 30 days, 60 days and 90 days visa on arrival.
- The maximum amount of days you can stay in Nepal is 150 days in a year.