All in all Ganja La trek is one exciting trek that includes adventure, culture and several others. Book this trek today and enjoy an off the beaten trek in Nepal!
|Trip Code: BT-115||Total Duration: 13 days|
|Destination: Langtang Region||Best Time: March - May & Sept - Dec|
|Trip Grade: Moderate||Group Size: 2 - 12|
|Max Elevation: 5,033m|
Thank you for choosing Ganja La Trek as your next adventure destination. You will arrive on this day to Tribhuvan International airport, in Kathmandu. A representative from Budget Trekking will transfer you at your hotel. You can take your time to stroll around and see the surrounding of your accommodation.
You will meet your trek leader on this day and he would brief you about trekking in Nepal and your chosen destination. Meanwhile, the back office staff will prepare all required permits for your trekking. later in the day, you will do the last minute shopping for your trekking along with your guide. While our back office staff get ready preparing permits from the government offices, our guides help you get acquainted with the country by taking you to the most happening market in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu ( 1 Night)
- Breakfast only
This is the first day on the road to get to our trek put in destination. The choice of vehicle can differ from the package you opt to choose, ranging from public vehicle to a private vehicle. There are two ways to reach Shyapru Besi and the best way is the national highway namely Prithvi highway. The trip on a coiled highway and along one of the biggest tributaries of Trishuli takes roughly around 7 hours. Once in Shyapru Besi you will unload your luggage and call it a night.
Langtang is one of those destinations severely affected by the 2015 earthquake and it is visible from the very first day. Once you get your permits checked right at the beginning of the trek you are bound to Changthang, popularly known as Lama Hotel. Through the forests of rhododendron and pine you will trek through villages of Doman, Pairo, Bamboo and Renche, before you arrive at Lama Hotel. The lodges at Lama Hotel as well were destroyed severely by the earthquake which now has been constructed to serve the tourists. Overnight in Lama hotel.
It takes around 5 hours to reach the final destination with several breaks in between. From Lama hotel the trail climbs up to hamlets and forests to villages of Tsarding, Chamki, Gumba and then finally to Langtang. All the villages mentioned have been severely destroyed by landslide. The views of the himalayas in Langtang and Tibet get closer and clearer as you keep walking towards your final destination. Few teahouses are build just to serve food to the trekkers in the region but offer no accommodation. However, there are proper accommodation in Langtang. Overnight in Langtang.
If you are well acclimatized you can trek to Kyanjin Gompa a day prior but we do not recommend you do so as you will surpass the recommended elevation. The trek takes around 4 hours with an easy pace and climb an elevation of 400+ meters. The trail from langtang climbs through rugged terrain and small yak herding villages of Mundu, Sindum and Yampha. Furthermore, the trail climbs along Langtang Khola all the way to Kyanjin Gompa. The mountains from Kyanjin looks more bigger, better and within the reach of your palms. Overnight in Kyanjin.
It is an additional day in Kyanjin Gompa and a wonderful opportunity to explore the valley, river beds and the splendid viewpoints. The gompa itself is a sight to watch. Although it has received severe cracks and damage from the quake, its murals are worth the watch. Furthermore, climbing to Tsergo Ri, a 5150 meter viewpoint in the valley, is the most rewarding viewpoints in the valley. The views from the summit are stunning with Langtang Lirung (7227 m), Yubra (6246 m), Changbu (6251 m), Tserko and Yala Peak and Naya Kanga (5844 m) and Kangja Himal. The peak also allows a good view of the Langtang Lirung Glacier. After spending some time you will fall back to Kyanjin for another night. Overnight in Kyanjin.
- All government and local taxes
- National Park Permit
- TIMS Card Permit
- A comprehensive medical kit
- Trekking Guide
- All accommodations on the trails and 3 times meals during the trek (staple meal of Daal Bhat for lunch and dinner or any one item from the menu )
- 3 Cups Tea while on the Trail ( in most of the places where applicable)
- Best available local lodges / Teahouse in mountain
- Taxi to and from airport
- Certificate of trek Completion
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, mineral water etc)
- Additional food
- Tips for guide
- Anything else that is not mentioned on what is included
- Please bring 2 passport size photographs for your trekking permit to the group meeting.
Essential Trip Information
- The trip begins from Kathmandu
- You need to arrive at least 2 days prior to your scheduled trek initiation date
- You will begin your trip from day 2 of your arrival and only after signing necessary formalities
- You need to bring along at least 2 passport sized pictures and hand it to the company on day 2.
- In case of trek cancellation or trek forfeit due to unseen circumstances, we shall compensate with an alternate itinerary or activities.
- You need to bring along at least 500 dollars additional in cash. The funds will help you in case of delayed flights or unseen circumstances
- You need to aware of the company of any medical conditions developed recently
- You need to be of age 15 and above to join this trip