Gosainkunda trek receives its name from the holy lake of Gosainkunda. This is one of the reasons why locals as well trek to this destination. However, locals trek only in some religious occasion. Gosainkunda lies in the Langtang region. The region which is immediate north of Kathmandu valley. Despite being very accessible, this trek is one of the best kept secrets. In a very short time this trek offers you culture, mountains and religious harmony.
Langtang region comprises of Langtang, helambu and Rasuwa. And Gosainkunda trek makes its way from all the 3 places. While on the trail you will see various cultures, landscape and practice. You will as well see beautiful man made structures like nowhere. The structures includes temple, large prayer wheels and buddhist monasteries. Despite the differences, people have good bonding and display harmony. On top, despite the earthquake people living in this region have bounced back strong. It is an opportunity for travelers to witness these elements while on the trek.
Also, Gosainkunda trek is famous for beautiful seasonal flowers. The blossoms of rhododendron and several other wild flowers are the best amongst all. Furthermore, these flowery trails lead to magnificent sacred lakes. Also, on the way you will have several opportunity to encounter with wildlife. Talking about wildlife, this region is home to wild butterflies. This beautiful trek is accessible year around. However, the best time to trek to Gosainkunda is in the autumn.
This is a must do trek if you are planning to avoid the crowd. On top, this is a very good trekking option because there are no extra costs involved. Also, your trek will come as a blessing for the people who affected by earthquake. Blessing in the form of using their services and paying for it. Book this trek today and join us in this amazing journey!
|Trip Code: BT-112||Total Duration: 11 days|
|Destination: Langtang Region||Best Time: March - May & Sept - Dec|
|Trip Grade: Moderate||Group Size: 2 - 12|
|Max Elevation: 4,610m|
- All government and local taxes
- TIMS permit and National Park Permit
- A comprehensive medical kit
- English speaking Trekking Guide (guide pays for his own expenses)
- 3 time meal (any one item from the menu)
- All accommodation on the mountains in the best available local lodges / Teahouse in mountain
- Trekking poles (to be returned after the trek)
- Video Collage of your Trekking ( If no technical Issues)
- Certificate of trek completion
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, mineral water etc)
- Extra foods Entrance or donation in monasteries, temples and hot water springs
- Any expenses resulted from extended number of days in itinerary
- Tips for guide
- Please bring 2 passport size photographs for your trekking permit to the group meeting.
Essential Trip Information
- The trip begins from Kathmandu
- You need to arrive at least 2 days prior to your scheduled trek initiation date
- You will begin your trip from day 2 of your arrival and only after signing necessary formalities
- You need to bring along at least 2 passport sized pictures and hand it to the company on day 2.
- In case of trek cancellation or trek forfeit due to unseen circumstances, we shall compensate with an alternate itinerary or activities.
- You need to bring along at least 500 dollars additional in cash. The funds will help you in case of delayed flights or unseen circumstances
- You need to aware of the company of any medical conditions developed recently
- You need to be of age 15 and above to join this trip